How to Remove Cherry Slush Stains From Automobile Carpet
- 1). Blot the cherry slush stain with white paper towels. Gently pat the stain with towel without rubbing in the stain.
- 2). Mix 1 teaspoon of grease-cutting dish soap into 2 cups of warm water in a container.
- 3). Wet a clean white rag with the cleaning solution. Lay the soapy rag over the stain.
- 4). Plug in an iron near your vehicle. Set the iron to the lowest setting. Place the iron on top of the white cloth. Do not push the iron into the carpet; set it gently on the cloth and leave it for 15 minutes. The heat allows the stain to release from the carpet and transfer to the cloth. Remove the iron.
- 5). Wet another cloth with the cleaning solution. Remove the first cloth and replace with the new one. Place the iron on the cloth and wait another 15 minutes. Repeat the process until the stain is gone.
- 6). Press towels into the affected area to remove excess moisture.
- 1). Spray a carpet cleaner onto the cherry slush stain. Most carpet cleaners come with a spray top, so you need only the container to apply the cleaner. Cover the entire area of the stain with the cleaner.
- 2). Scrub the carpet with a rag, rubbing diligently to loosen the stain.
- 3). Wipe a clean cloth over the carpet, removing the stain and the cleaner. If portions of the stain remain, repeat spraying with the carpet cleaner and scrubbing. Continue until the entire stain is removed.