How to Send a Fax Without a Modem
- 1). Locate the document or file on your computer's hard drive that you would like to fax. If you do not have the file on your computer, scan the document to your computer and save it to a safe and memorable location such as your documents or computer's desktop.
- 2). Open your computer's Internet browser, such as Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.
- 3). Browse to a well-known online fax service. Some fax services feature free faxing without registration. However, some free fax services fax additional advertisement pages. Other fax services are available for a monthly subscription cost for those interested in tracking and faxing multiple documents on a regular basis.
- 4). Register for the fax service that is suitable for your faxing needs, or choose a free fax service to submit your fax with.
- 5). Choose to create or send a new fax from the online fax service.
- 6). Enter in your contact details as well as the fax recipient's details. Add additional text and information if available on the fax input screen.
- 7). Select "Browse" or "Upload" to locate the file on your computer you would like scan. Most documents accepted for faxing include Microsoft documents, text documents and image files.
- 8). Allow the document to upload completely to the online fax service and click "Send" or "Fax" to begin sending the fax to the recipient you entered.