Blind Repair: How to Change the String Size
- 1). Loosely tie the cord that raises and lowers the blinds into a knot. The knot will prevent the blinds from opening while you are working with them.
- 2). Pop off the end cap from the lower rail with a screwdriver. Slide the string out of the side opening of the metal rail. Untie the strings.
- 3). Remove the bottom rail by sliding it off the string. Set the rail aside.
- 4). Slide any excess slats off the string until the blinds will fit perfectly inside your window. The bottom rail should rest on the window sill.
- 5). Trim the string with scissors so that it is about six inches longer than the last slat. This will allow you to put the metal rail back on and give you room to tie the string.
- 6). Slide the metal rail back onto the string. Tie a knot at the end of each string. Replace the end caps and tap lightly with a rubber mallet to secure.