How to Replace the Fuel Filter in 1992 Cadillac Seville
- 1). Park the1992 Cadillac Seville in a well-ventilated location so that the gas fumes can escape. Set the parking brake to prevent the vehicle from rolling.
- 2). Unscrew the gas cap from the fill tube on the gas tank. This will depressurize the fuel system and prevent gas from spraying everywhere once the fuel lines are removed from the fuel filter.
- 3). Jack up the rear of the1992 Cadillac Seville and support the back end by placing the jack stands under the designated rear jacking points. Slowly lower the Seville onto the top of the stands. Leave the jack upright as an extra safety precaution.
- 4). Slide under the rear of the car and locate the fuel filter in front of the gas tank. The fuel filter is a silver cylinder-shaped canister with a quick-connect fuel line coming out of each end. Position the drip pan under the fuel filter.
- 5). Put on your safety glasses. Remove both fuel lines from the fuel filter by pressing inward on the plastic clips that secure the fuel lines to each fuel filter port. Press the clips inward and pull out at the same time to remove the fuel lines.
- 6). Push the fuel filter out of the bracket. If the fuel filter is stuck, remove the small bolt that is securing the clamp around the fuel filter with a metric open-end wrench. Discard the old fuel filter into the drip pan.
- 7). Slide the new fuel filter into the bracket with the arrow pointing in the proper direction. Push both fuel lines onto each end of the fuel filter until the plastic clips lock onto the fuel filter ports. Slowly pull out on each fuel line to ensure that the fuel lines are secure.
- 8). Slide out from under the Seville and screw the gas cap back onto the fill tube. Turn the ignition to the accessory position for about five seconds and then back off. Repeat this three times without starting the engine.
- 9). Start the engine and inspect the new filter for any sign of a gas leak. Turn the engine off.
Slide the drip pan out from under the Seville. Jack the rear end back up and remove the jack stands. Lower the Seville back to the ground and remove the jack.