What Makes A Good Affiliate Program?
1. You're going to want to check out the program very carefully. Good affiliates know how important it is to use their sponsor's products so you can honestly promote the products and the program. It will also help you in knowing how to find your right market.
2. Checking out the company very carefully is also very important. A good way to do this is to email the company and see how long it takes to get a response. Another way is checking them out on scam alert sites.
3. Be careful of the pricing of the products that this program offers. Unless you are associated with a group that buys high end products you should stay with a program that offers more affordable products. The margin I like to use is 10$ to 250$. Trust me when I tell you these programs will be much easier to promote.
4. Commissions should be a big factor in your decision to join a program. There are several different pay structures with each company but I would make sure not to join any program that pays less than 20 percent. I prefer to get into ones that pay 50 or higher.
5. You're going to want to look into the programs training that they provide. Remember the company makes money if you do so it is in their best interest to make sure they supply you with as much free training as possible.
6. Customer support is important, especially at the beginning when you're sure to have lots of questions relating to selling and promoting your business.
7. If the company tells you that you have to buy their products to promote them then you should get out of there. I mentioned earlier that it's important to use the products but at the end of the day it should be your choice.
8. Make sure the company offers a good tracking system that shows all your information in real time. This is important so you can see what promotions you are using are working.
9. Company ids are being stolen everyday so make sure the company has a system in place in order to prevent identity theft so that your earnings will not be stolen.
10. Make sure the company you are working for pays at least once a month. Every two weeks is preferred. Another thing that's important is that the minimum payout is no more than 100 dollars. And one last thing. The company has to have an easy, convenient way to pay you.
Go ahead and use these points as a check list when checking into a program that you are interested in joining. With so many affiliate programs out there make sure you take your time to pick the right one for you. By joining the right programs you will be put on the road to success.