How to Install a Window Regulator for a 1995 Lincoln Town Car
- 1). Extract the power window switch plate from the Town Car's door panel with the tip of the trim tool. Flip the plate over to access and disconnect the window wiring connector. Set the power window switch plate aside.
- 2). Remove each of the hex head screws that hold the door panel to the door using the socket set. Pry the Town Car's panel off the door with the trim tool. Pull up on the door panel to clear the door top before removing it from the door completely.
- 3). Pick the window glass up and attach it to the top of the Town Car's door using packing tape.
- 4). Remove the bolts connecting the window regulator to the window, window motor and door mounts using the socket set. Fold the window regulator until you can remove it from the Town Car's door through one of the door access holes.
- 5). Move the replacement window regulator into the Town Car's door by hand. Connect the new regulator to the door mounts, window motor and window glass using the socket set.
- 6). Replace the Town Car's door panel by reversing the method employed to remove it. Take all the packing tape off the Town Car before using the new regulator.